Our client is a large leading technical SME serving the high tech sector based in Milton Keynes. Due to continued growth in their software consultancy practice they are now looking to appoint a strong cloud engineer / linux systems administrator or DevOps Engineer.
As cloud engineer, you will be working on a greenfield project helping them build a product from the ground up. This is a unique opportunity for a cloud engineer to be part of building something from scratch that will revolutionise how the business engages with its customers.
What we need:
As cloud engineer, you will have a first-class knowledge of how to deliver complex technical solutions. You will have come from a technical background and still retain a good level of the SDLC. You will have an excellent knowledge of:
- LINUX / UNIX administration
- MySQL administration experience (backup/replication)
- Good scripting knowledge (bash, python, PHP, ruby)
- Knowledge of cloud solutions (AWS/Rackspace or similar)
- Good knowledge of virtualisation (Vmware etc)
- Puppet or chef experience would be nice to have
- Some knowledge of continuous deployment within 24/7 environments would be beneficial
As a linux systems administrator, you will be comfortable working with technical and non-technical audiences and feel comfortable presenting your ideas to new people.
What’s in it for you?
As cloud engineer you can expect a market beating remuneration package and you will have the opportunity to work for a true global leader in software development. You will have the opportunity to be challenged and take advantage of a first-class continuous training and development programme. Our client does take work life balance seriously and gives you the flexibility and support to be happy and productive.