Our client is fast becoming one of the most exciting technology employers in and around Cambridge and now have an exciting opportunity for a Front-end Web Developer (mid-range or senior developer) to join their rapidly expanding business.
What we need:
- Proficient background in web mark-up, including HTML5 & CSS3
- Good understanding of styling pre-processors, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
- Have the ability to translate high level designs, wireframes or rough sketches into fully functioning components, and conversely translate your ideas into sketches and wireframes to share with the wider team.
- Experience in build tools such as TeamCity, Octopus or Appveyor would be beneficial
- Ability to work on own initiative, manage own workload and meet project targets
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight (but realistic) deadlines
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Familiarity with tools such as Photoshop is a plus
What’s in it for you?
You will be working directly on their new platform. With new verticals opening and starting to reach international clients, they are not looking for ordinary developers, but require problem solvers who are great coders. A Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of their application.
Our client takes work life balance seriously and gives you the flexibility and support to be happy and productive.
Please get in touch for more details or an informal chat.