Our client is an innovative Mobile Data and Fixed Line communications company, offering competitive, flexible, solution based propositions in a 'no jargon' way. From simple Internet access, through to complex Wide Area Networks.
The Sysadmin team is responsible for building, developing and maintaining computer and networking systems for the business. They also provide support to internal users when they experience technical issues with their computer systems and for general enquiries.
You will work closely with the various technology teams to supply and build IT systems across different server and desktop platforms. This will allow you to develop knowledge of complex IT systems and services within the fixed and mobile telecommunications industry.
The role will also be involved in companywide projects such as data centre build, software upgrades, laptop and server maintenance, OS installations, documentation and support.
This role would be ideal for anyone wanting a challenging and rewarding role within a young, dynamic and rapidly growing service provider organisation. The opportunity for career development is available to the right candidate.
During addressing the purpose of the role, the Systems Administrator will have a wide range
of responsibilities, including:-
- To provide support to employees for hardware, software, server systems and other
- To assist with the setting up, maintenance and repair of computers, servers, operating
systems, databases and networking.
- To become involved in providing mission critical support for large systems such as
FreeRadius, Nagios, Solarwinds and core network services.
- Implement company IT security policies.
- To assist in the planning and provisioning of Mongo database systems.
- To help produce systems documentation as necessary.