As Product Owner (Cloud), you will play an important role in helping shape and document requirements for a Cloud platform.
You will be the key conduit for answering functionality and user experience queries from the R&D team and validating these assumptions with other stakeholders to ensure what our client delivers aligns to market needs, including performing User Acceptance Testing as and when required with customers and/or internal stakeholders.
Acting as the bridge between the Product Managers and the R&D team, you will concentrate on maximizing the value of the product, whilst maintaining a good balance between what is technically achievable and what is really needed.
- Act as Voice of the Customer internally, working closely with internal and external stakeholders to discover and analyse customer needs and shape these into hardware and software requirements.
- Work closely with the Product Managers and the R&D team to translate these into appropriately detailed user stories with clear acceptance criteria and non-functional user experience expectations.
- Proactively manage the Product Backlog to ensure that upcoming development priorities are suitably fleshed out with the necessary stories ahead of time so that they can be easily scoped and sized to enable early and accurate scheduling into the roadmap for communication out to the wider business.
- Engage with stakeholders during development to demonstrate new functionality, gather feedback and expectations regarding existing, new and future developments.
- Participate in and occasionally lead the User Acceptance Testing of new functionality and achieving sign-off from key stakeholders and customers.
- Be the primary liaison between stakeholders and the R&D team, ensuring buy-in from stakeholders on major decisions, managing concerns and proactively communicating deviations from the plan.
- Work with the R&D team and Product Managers to create practical solutions to issues that help meet customer expectations with minimal impact on delivery.
Key Skills & Experience
- 5yrs+ proven experience as a product owner working with Agile teams and methodologies.
- 3yrs+ experience of working on Cloud solutions, preferably AWS based.
- Demonstrable background in investigating, analysing and documenting clear requirements, epics, user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal.
- Keen interpersonal skills, adept at developing robust working relationships with team members and customers.
- Active listener, with outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Highly organised, self-disciplined with strong planning and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and technical aptitude with creative, practical problem-solving skills.
- Consistent approach with solid attention to detail.