Founded in 1980, our client developed an all-in-one property management and accounting software, to help overcome the challenges, complexities and inefficiencies of property management.
The Senior Developer reports directly to the Development Manager and is a key member of the company’s development team. The purpose of this role is continual product development ensuring best practices for software development using a scalable architecture.
This role would involve working on all aspects of the product, its integration abilities, technical specifications and grooming other developers in the organisation. This will require liaison with the development team, product manager and hands on involvement in designing the product architecture and improvements.
- Design, impact analysis and technical specifications for new integrations and developments in the product
- Documentation and technical specification for new features, training other developers on key functionalities to be developed and architecting sustainable solutions for customers.
- Managing a large development by splitting it into relevant components and providing technical guidance/mentoring to junior developers.
- Providing technical direction and guidance about performance, user experience and impact on product architecture in key discussions
- Debugging of key issues raised by customers, performance enhancements and develop strategies and design to improve product performance.
- Hands on development of code, scripts to support product development, maintenance, upgrades, and migrations etc. Understanding and creating database changes, involved in product release and continuous integration abilities of the software.
- At least 5 years’ experience of Progress 4GL and GUI programming (preferably OE11, OE12), ideally with experience of Progress classes and REST adapter technologies.
- Experience in working with databases.
- Proficient in Progress technology
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in writing restful services
- Ability to understand and interpret customer challenges or bugs and performing debugging process to resolve them
- Experience in working in an agile environment
- Cloud infrastructure experience will be a plus.
- .NET, C# and/or typescript desirable.
Please apply with your CV and we will be in touch for a confidential chat.
Noa Recruitment specialise in helping Software and Web Professionals and technical talent find great careers. If this role doesn’t sound like you, but you know a great person who might be interested then please do share these details with them.