A Software Support Engineer is expected to fulfil a wide range of tasks including Software Training, Software Deployment, Software Testing and Business Analysis.
You will be expected to work closely with clients, other consultants and product developers. A good understanding of networks, IIS, Microsoft Server Infrastructure and Microsoft SQL Server (with good syntax knowledge) is essential to a successful implementation of the product.
In addition to the technical aspects of the role a software implementation consultant is expected to advise and support best practice for the implementation of products.
The role is home based. There may be some intermittent travel around the UK and having a full UK driving licence is advantageous.
- System installation and configuration and customisation
- Adaptation and/or creation of custom features to meet client needs (SQL & Powershell
- Taking ownership of and completing 2nd line support tasks
- Working with clients to develop and execute appropriate test plans
- Clearly articulating client enhancement requirements to product developers
- Regression testing product updates
- Writing documentation and maintaining documentation.
- Intermediate to Advanced SQL (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Experience of server process automation; ideally with Powershell
- Windows Server administration
Please apply with your CV and we will be in touch for a confidential chat.
Noa Recruitment specialise in helping Software and Web Professionals and technical talent find great careers. If this role doesn’t sound like you, but you know a great person who might be interested then please do share these details with them.